Scones and clotted cream for breakfast anyone? OK, even this is a tiny bit too indulgent for us – even in lockdown. But what if we told you they were actually made with porridge oats?
Perfect for busy weekday mornings, The Food Medic likes to top hers with thick coconut yogurt and raspberry chia jam.
Baked oatmeal scones
100g Porridge Oats
1 chia egg* (1 tbsp chia seeds + 3 tbsp water)
150g Natural or Soya Yogurt
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1-2 tbsp milk/water
1 tsp of cinnamon
1 tbsp maple syrup
Handful of frozen raspberries
(*can swap chia egg for actual egg)
1. Preheat oven to 190c. Line or grease a muffin tin.
2. To make the chia egg combine chia seeds with water and set aside for 5-10 mins.
3. Combine all of the ingredients together in a mixing bowl, adding the milk last. The consistency should be similar to porridge – but you don’t want it too runny!
4. Scoop mixture into tray. Bake in the oven for 30 min.
5. Remove from the oven to cool and keep in an air-tight container – or eat straight away!
Get your weekly DOSE fix here: SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Hettie is the editor and co-founder of DOSE. A keen runner, she’s also partial to a blast of high-intensity and hot yoga. A country girl at heart, she divides her time between London and the lush rolling hills of North Devon. When she’s not jetting off on her next adventure, Hettie can be found in a candle-lit alcove with a laptop, a spaniel and a full bodied Malbec.