Upgrade your cookie experience: make these healthy protein Oreos
Sometimes, you just need a sugar hit. But why compromise on quality ingredients, when you could make a few changes and get some health benefits, too? This Oreo recipe from food delivery service Fresh Fitness Food ticks all the boxes. They make a great dinner gift, and are a perfect snack or treat for when you’re on the go, too.
Makes two portions.
Maple syrup 30g
Chocolate protein powder 30g
Cacao powder 20g
Ground almonds 10g
Coconut flour 5g
Vanilla protein powder 8g
Greek yoghurt 70g
1. Weigh the dry ingredients in a bowl and add the maple syrup and mix together.
2. Place this mix in a piping bag and pipe even rounds onto a lined tray.
3. Bake the cookies in a fan-forced oven at 200c for 6-8mins.
4. Whisk the vanilla protein powder and the coconut flour into the yoghurt.
5. Ensure the cookies are completely chilled before piping the yoghurt mix between two cookies.
6. Leave Oreos to chill before serving.