An Immunity Boosting Flu Fighters Martini
Feeling like you’re coming down with something? Whizz up this flu fighting cocktail from the team at Redemption. A vitamin packed blend of ginger, chilli, aloe vera, apple, elderflower, coconut water, orange, lemon & lime….
• 80ml coconut water – raw preferably
• 50ml freshly squeezed orange juice
• 15ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 15ml freshly lime juice
• 20ml organic elderflower cordial
• 20ml of pure aloe vera juice
• 1 thumbnail of fresh ginger root peeled
• 1cm slice of a large red chilli
• a couple of ice cubes
• Place all ingredients except ice cubes in a bar blender and blitz
• Pass the blended liquid through a small sieve for an elegantly smooth drink (although its equally delicious not passed with the
chilli flecks remaining albeit slightly spicier!)
• Place ice cubes in a cocktail shaker and pour over the elixir
• Shake well and pour into a large chilled martini glass
• Garnish with a slice of fresh ginger
Makes one serve
• Chilli – contains up to seven times the vitamin C level of an orange and has properties to fight sinus congestion.
• Ginger root – has long been used in traditional alternative medicine, a great aid to digestion, reduces feelings of nausea and of course help fight the flu virus and common cold.
• Aloe Vera Juice – is packed with vitamins, including B, C, and E, as well as folic acid, which fortify the body’s immune system.